Terms and conditions.
– important and worth reading –
* The designer agrees to protect the confidentiality of the client’s proprietary information disclosed to the designer.
* The turnaround time is mutually agreed upon between the client and the designer at the start of the project. The schedule assumes timely review and response by the client of all deliverables.
* The client will have the opportunity to approve all phases of creative and production. The client assumes all responsibility for content. The client will proofread and approve all final designs.
* The designer considers the project complete upon receipt of the client’s signoff email.
* The payment of 50% of the total project cost is required to begin the design services; the remaining 50% is to be paid before the delivery of final artworks.
* The designer reserves the right to suspend work and/or withhold issuing any project files if invoice payments are not received.
* In the event of cancellation of this assignment, a fee for work completed based upon the invoice price and expenses already incurred shall be paid by the client.
* The client’s first payment is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions.
* Both parties understand that the client or the designer may terminate the service at any time if, for any reason, the relationship is deemed unsatisfactory by either party; or the project is no longer required.
* Upon written or verbal cancellation, the client is responsible for payment for the part of work already completed based upon the invoice price and all expenses already incurred.
* If the client has specific requirements for how project files must be prepared, the client must communicate these in writing, to the designer before the project begins.
* After the final delivery of all agreed artworks to the client, the designer is not obligated to store electronic files created for the project.
LICENCE OF RIGHT
* Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all artworks remain intellectual property of the designer. A licence for use of the copyright material is granted to the client for the project detailed in the invoice items or the client’s request emails.
* Unless strict confidentiality is requested by the client in advance, the designer retains the right to display the artworks for self-promotion.